Take a look at our reception area below, click and drag the image to explore! If the box appears blank, scroll down to see pictures.
Highfields Centre first opened in 1974 as a community centre and is located in the heart of a vibrant and diverse community in Leicester. Highfields Community Association (HCA) is a company limited by guarantee, a registered charity, a full Locality member and holder of various nationally accredited kite marks, including Investors in People, Advice Quality Standard, Matrix and Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner. Since December 2010, HCA has been fully responsible for the management and operation of Highfields Centre.
It’s mission statement is: “To provide, develop and manage a family oriented community education and development centre and to serve Leicester(shire)’s population, with a particular emphasis as a community anchor and advocacy organisation for the Highfields area wide communities.”
It’s governing body has confirmed that it’s role is to act as a community anchor organisation, providing community leadership and acting as a driving force in community renewal and it’s ethos is reflected in it’s following motto:
Enhancing lives, Empowering communities, Enterprise for one and all
Governance and Membership
Available to any bona fide group operating in the Highfields area
- The annual fee is £30.00 payable on receipt of a fully completed membership form
- Elections are held for the Executive and Governing Body
- Members may also be nominated to serve on one or more of the three HCA Sub-Committees
Available to people who are not part of an affiliated group.
- An application form needs to be completed and approved in order to benefit from membership.
- Our new electronic membership system makes it easy to join.
- From 1st October 2016, membership for adults will be £10 and for children/the unwaged, £5.