Take a look at our reception area below, click and drag the image to explore! If the box appears blank, scroll down to see pictures.
Highfields Centre first opened in 1974 as a community centre and is located in the heart of a vibrant and diverse community in Leicester. Highfields Community Association (HCA) is a company limited by guarantee, a registered charity, an approved Social Enterprise Mark holder and a full Locality member. Since December 2010, HCA has been fully responsible for the management and operation of Highfields Centre.
It’s mission statement is: “To provide, develop and manage a family oriented community education and development centre and to serve Leicester(shire)’s population, with a particular emphasis as a community anchor and advocacy organisation for the Highfields area wide communities.”
It’s governing body has confirmed that it’s role is to act as a community anchor organisation, providing community leadership and acting as a driving force in community renewal and it’s ethos is reflected in it’s following motto:
Enhancing lives, Empowering communities, Enterprise for one and all
Governance and Membership
Available to any bona fide group operating in the Highfields area
- The annual fee is £30.00 payable on receipt of a fully completed membership form
- Elections are held for the Executive and Governing Body
- Members may also be nominated to serve on one or more of the three HCA Sub-Committees
Available to people who are not part of an affiliated group.
- An application form needs to be completed and approved in order to benefit from membership.
- Our new electronic membership system makes it easy to join.
- From 1st October 2016, membership for adults will be £10 and for children/the unwaged, £5.