Adult Learning at Highfields Centre is currently provided by Workers Educational Association, with support from Highfields Community Association.
HCA’s motto of “Enhancing lives, Empowering communities and Enterprise for one and all” is aptly reflected in our range of services and achievements over the last 40 years and with your help and involvement, we are confident about further developing those services and achievements.
We provide a large range of programmes and learning opportunities from first step learning to University accredited qualification. In the coming year we will be extending our course offer and plan to offer a range of accredited and non accredited courses to cover English for Speakers of Other Languages, Computing, Arts and Crafts, Health and Beauty, Employability, Business Development, Social Media and courses specifically designed to meet the learning needs of the 50+ group.
Our courses include:
- Social Welfare, Advice and Guidance (Certificate in Higher Education) accredited by Leicester University
- Computing and IT for Beginners
- Computer Skills Drop in Sessions
- Life in Leicester
- Garment Making for Beginners
- Computer Skills for Job Search with ESOL Support
- Employment Skills and Confidence Building
- English for Beginners
- Award in Food Safety
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Work Club
- CV Workshop
- Volunteer Training Workshop
- Arts and Crafts Workshop
- Business Start Up
- Social Media for Beginners
For further information, please contact: 0116 253 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org